What’s Fiber Cement Siding and Why James Hardie is Considered the Best in America
Fiber cement has been in existence since the early 1900 and is a popular product that’s used as an exterior siding and trim material. James Hardie, a company with origins in Australia, pioneered the benefits of fiber cement siding and became one of the biggest manufacturers and distributors of fiber cement siding globally. Fiber cement siding products gained popularity in the U.S. in the 1980s. If you are thinking about a siding replacement or deciding on an exterior for a new house, fiber cement is one of the exterior materials you should know about. What exactly is fiber cement siding, and why is James Hardie considered the best in America?
What’s Fiber Cement Siding?
Fiber cement siding is a building material known for its durability, longevity, and low maintenance to cover the exterior of residential and commercial buildings. It provides substantial protection even though the material is semi-rigid with limited flexibility. Fiber cement siding is made of Portland cement, cellulose fiber, silica sand, and water. However, you may find that the composition changes from manufacturer to manufacturer. Propriety additives are included in James Hardie’s formulation.
Why James Hardie Fiber Cement is Considered the Best in America
James Hardie’s fiber cement is highly regarded in America because of its quality and performance over traditional siding materials. Its components are largely renewable resources, making it a safe and healthy and material. Some direct advantages of James Hardie fiber cement include:
- It’s fire-resistant, specifically non-combustible – won’t ignite under exposure to flame or provide any fuel.
- Moisture-resistant and rot-resistant to withstand water damage
- Climate-resistant and can withstand any weather condition
- Doesn’t attract pests and woodpeckers
The James Hardie line of fiber cement siding products presents more pros for its use in renovation and construction than cons. Some of the pros that make it the best in America are:
- Options: Several fiber cement siding options are available, including HardiePlank® lap siding, HardieShingle® wall treatments, HardieSoffit® eave protection, HardieTrim® detailing products, and HardiePanel® vertical siding. This variety makes it possible to enhance your home’s entire exterior subtly or dramatically.
- Durable: The durability of James Hardie fiber cement is in a class of its own that rival siding products cannot match, such as aluminum, stucco, and vinyl.
- Longevity: James Hardie fiber cement offers longevity, meaning that you can get years of benefit out of their products. Their products have a 30-year warranty.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: The visual appeal that a home featuring fiber cement exterior finishing has is remarkable. The curb appeal makes your house instantly noticeable, whether you recreate historic accents or opt for a modern theme.
- Low maintenance: A big pro of James Hardie fiber cement products is low maintenance products. You don’t have to spend as much time on upkeep and repairs, which often amounts to cost savings and more time to do things you enjoy.
- ROI: When you remodel or construct a home using James Hardie fiber cement siding materials, you are doing yourself a favor by adding value to your home. You can expect a high return on investment which is worthwhile.
- Eco-friendly: The environmentally-friendly aspect of James Hardie fiber cement products makes them appealing. Derived from natural resources, fiber cement siding pose no threat to the environment. Hardie fiber cement products are recognized by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as environmentally sound with sustainability value through certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
For your fiber cement siding needs, Jancon Exteriors has a wide range of selections for you to choose from.
We not only have the top-quality products but also prices that you’ll love. Come and explore our fiber cement siding products today.