When homeowners make improvements to their home it’s important that they are aware of their siding. Siding often gets overlooked but it’s extremely important that your siding is up to par with the rest of your house. If you are experiencing some of these problems with your siding then it may be time for new siding installation.
- Frequent Painting Needed: If your home needs to be painted every 5-6 years then something is certainly wrong. The siding on your home should keep its color for at a minimum 8-10(longer for some types).
- Frequent Painting Needed: If you have noticed that your bills have increased to keep your home cool during the summer and warm during the winter then your home may not be concealed enough. It’s important that you figure out exactly what is causing this because it’s a big waste of money and energy. Poor siding and insulation can certainly be a cause for this.
- Increased Heating & Cooling Bill: If your home needs to be painted every 5-6 years then something is certainly wrong. The siding on your home should keep its color for at a minimum 8-10(longer for some types).
- Warping: If you walk around your house, and your siding is warped in different places then it’s not doing its job.
- Mold Growth: Any signs of mold, fungus or mildew growth on the exterior of your home is a major sign of damaged siding. Mold means that water has infiltrated the siding and this can be bad for both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Holes in Siding: This may be one of the easier signs to recognize but look through around the siding of your home for holes. Event smalls ones can be a big cause for concern. Any size hole can lead to unwanted insects, water, snow and further damage.
- Interior Wall Problems: If your interior wallpaper is peeling then there’s a good chance that it’s due from water making its way into your house. This commonly happens around windows if the siding-window barrier isn’t properly caulked. If the issue isn’t resolved then wood under your siding will begin to rot.
- Dry Rot: Take a screwdriver and tap your siding with the handle. This can reveal issues that aren’t noticeable from the naked eye.
For more information about winter snow maintenance tips or roofing work, please feel free to fill out our contact form for a free price estimate, or give us a call us at (508) 520-3935.