Replacing your roofing in Medway, Massachusetts, is a daunting task. Not only must you choose shingle types and colors and more, but you have to choose an installer. When interviewing your potential roofer, you should be sure you cover these questions.
- Request a list of references. And rather than just getting a list of happy customers, ask specifically for contact information from the last three customers. That way you’re more likely to get good, honest opinions. Jancon Exteriors makes a list of recent jobs and customer references available on their website.
- Check for industry memberships and affiliations. For roofing in Medway, MA, ask about membership in the Better Business Bureau. Most reputable companies like belong to various organizations that assist them in meeting their clients’ needs.
- Ask about insurance, and be sure to obtain proof of insurance just in case. The contractor ought to have commercial liability coverage that protects the homeowner from accidents. If a certificate of insurance is not available, ask for a contact person at the insurance agency, and call and confirm coverage.
- Be sure that your contractor has met all of the manufacturer’s requirements for training, and that your roofing will be under warranty by the manufacturer as well as the contractor. That way, whether the workmanship fails or the materials do, you’re covered.
- Maintenance on roofing in Medway, MA can mean a difference of five years in replacement. Ask your contractor if they offer a preventative maintenance program to keep your new roof in good shape.
- The scope of work may vary among contractors, so be sure you know what you’re getting and you’re happy with it. Will the contractor install gutters? How much clean-up will be done before they leave?
Conversations with your potential contractor should be driven by you and your desire for information. Use these questions to get the data you need to choose your installer for roofing in Medway, MA.