Earlier in the week, the majority of towns in Massachusetts encountered a very heavy storm that caused a lot of damages to residential properties. Although it is tempting to climb up a ladder and inspect the roof yourself, we highly recommend calling a professional to check and provide their conclusion. If you are unsure if your roof was affected by the storm, here are some clear indications to call your roofing contractor right away.
- Missing Shingles. Depending on the age of your roof and how it was installed, wind up 60 mph can be a nightmare on roofs and the type of warranty you bought. Check what your warranty covers and see if your issue fits within that policy.
- Visible Water Damages. If you notice visible leaks in your upper rooms this may be caused due to wind damages that allow any water to creep into the shingles and the underlayment of the roof.
- Granule Loss. Over time, granule loss is common, especially on a new roof rubs off as shingles flap in the wind and come in contact with other surfaces.
- Mold and Moisture. Trapped water in small areas can develop into mildew and mold within 24-48 hours and can continue to grow which can dramatically deteriorate your roof life span.
- Broken Gutters and downspouts. We recommend having your gutters and downspouts cleaned up after a storm, this will protect you from any debris clocking up the foundation and making the structure unsafe.
Having your roof checked will give you peace of mind and confidence in knowing your family is well protected for many years to come. To learn more about your roof contact us for an inspection and we will make sure we will pinpoint any issues your roof may have.