Your front door must withstand the harsh realities of nature while it makes a good impression on your visitors. When it comes to door replacement for your Walpole, MA, home, you have many options that will fit the bill. Here is how you can get started.
- Size – First decide on the width of your new door. The most common width is 36 inches, though some people opt for 42 inches. A double-entry door is 60 inches across.
- Configuration – Choose between a single or double-entry door. Some individuals opt for sidelights, which are panels that flank the sides of the door. They are usually made of clear or opaque glass, which gives the entryway a fashionable look. Another door replacement option is an overhead transom, which are decorative glass inserts that are installed above the door. They allow natural light to filter into the home.
- Material – The traditional door material is wood. However, a more durable option is fiberglass, since it is weather resistant and energy efficient. Over time, fiberglass resists warping and damage from moisture and the sun.
- Surface – Flush doors are completely flat, while a paneled door has molded patterns. The molded patterns can be removed to hold glass inserts.
- Style – Manufacturers have many configurations to choose from. They include:
- Contemporary – Doors without panels, usually painted in an eye-catching color.
- Craftsman – Designed with traditional square edges, this door usually has an ornamental shelf under glass panels.
- Decorative – Doors with added ornamental touches, such as metal grilles and glass panels.
- Classic – Traditionally styled doors that are found in established neighborhoods.
- Rustic – Doors that have a handcrafted look, with hints of Tuscan, Southwestern or European architecture.
Making selections for your door replacement project in Walpole, MA, can seem daunting. Instead, understanding your options will make the design process a breeze. Before you know it you will be enjoying your home’s new look!