- James Hardie Siding is a noncombustible siding that has been approved for fire-rated construction. This makes it a much safer option than vinyl siding, because vinyl can melt and burn when it is exposed to flames, sun, or a significant heat source.
- It lowers your homeowners insurance! Homeowners that use James Hardie Siding pay up to 14 percent less on average on their homeowners insurance over homeowner who use vinyl siding.
- You get the advantage of a 30 year non prorated transferable product warranty, and a 15 year non prorated warranty on the finish for James Hardie products. The warranty is much stronger than any vinyl warranty because it is non-prorated, which means it doesn’t depreciate over time and holds 100% coverage for the full 30 years. Whereas, Vinyl is prorated, so it depreciates each year significantly.
- James Hardie siding and trim products uses ColorPlus Technology, which is a baked on color and is able to provide up to 30 percent better fade resistance than other options. Colors are also computer matched, which means that you’ll be getting the highest level of consistency! Because the product does not chip or peel like wood, there is no need for the constant painting maintenance. The same goes for vinyl siding. Vinyl siding also poses an issue when repairs are needed, since its colors are much more difficult to match.
- James Hardie siding is engineered for the specific climate you live in. There are different compositions of the product in the north, south, and west of the country. The products are engineered to resist all weather elements, pests, rot, flames, warping, cracking, peeling and high winds!
- James Hardie siding provide tremendous curb appeal!