So your roof has been steadily falling to pieces, and you’ve decided to look into replacing it. There are several things you need to consider before taking the plunge.
- Consider the timing. For roofing in Mansfield, Massachusetts, shoot for completing installation in the spring or summer, to give you some leeway if things go awry and it’s not done by fall. Your roof really should be fully installed before the rough weather of winter hits. Snow, ice, and extreme cold can do significant damage, and if your roof is already in bad shape then you can’t afford to wait.
- Choose your installer with care. Use a reputable, insured, experienced contractor, and interview them carefully to get all the data you need before hiring them. Get to know them before you sign on the line – know their training programs for employees, their policies on quotes and unforeseen work. Be sure they’ll communicate with you through every step of the process.
- Research roofing systems and select one that not only suits the building, but also suits the climate. Know your warranty offerings and preventative maintenance requirements so you can be sure your investment will last.
- Know what financing might be offered. Many companies that install roofing in Mansfield, MA, have payment plans available to help ease the burden that a new roof presents. Jancon Exteriors outlines their financing options on their website. Others offer a partnership with a financing company that can help. Home equity loans aren’t a bad idea, and a last resort might be credit cards.
- Familiarize yourself with the products available, and choose carefully. The look is important, but the longevity, quality, and ease of care is vital. A new roof is an investment in your home, and should be treated as such.
Information is key in when considering new roofing in Mansfield, MA. Know your options, the costs and benefits, and the people you’re working with, and you’ll find that your new roof is an excellent investment.