New Windows Franklin MA
New windows up the value of your home, lower the cost of utility bills and can make your home look like new. That being said, new windows are also expensive. If you’re considering getting new windows in Franklin, MA, there are a few things you need to know.
- Do You Need to Replace or Repair?The first thing you need to look at when you are considering getting new windows is if the windows have to be replaced or repaired. If the original framing is still solid, you can just install your new window into the preexisting opening. If the original framing is rotted, you have to get a new window. One other factor to consider is if the windows were drafty, because that could suggest you need to get new construction windows as well.
- What Kind of Window Do You Need?You also have to consider what kind of window you should get. There is jargon associated with windows. A few words you need to know as you shop for windows are:
- Double-pane: two pieces of glass that insulate well.
- Double-hung: can be opened from top or bottom.
- Casements: open with a crank.
- Mullions: vertical or horizontal dividers
- Tilt-out: can clean exterior from inside
Knowing these words will help you get the window that is right for you.
- What Will the Payback Be?You also have to consider the payback. Payback is the cost versus the added value and savings. New windows in Franklin, MA or anywhere are expensive, so you want to make sure that it is a good investment.
- Where Should You Get Your New Windows?Finally, you have to figure out where to get your new windows and who to hire to install them. Talking to contractors will be a good step here. They may be able to order you the windows you want for cheaper than a home improvement store.It’s important to do your research during all of these steps. Knowing what kind of windows you want and who a trustworthy contractor is will help the process go smoothly. Getting new windows in Franklin, MA doesn’t have to be hard. Talk to a contractor today.